Pine Bluff Downtown Development
The Early Automobiles of Pine Bluff
The first automobile appeared in Pine Bluff in 1900 and was operated by Hollenberg Music Company. Five years later, The Auto Club of 1905 posed for a picture at the north end of Main Street. The Auto Club members, Dr. A.G. Thompson, P.M. Kilroy, L.O. Knox, F.G. Smart, W.R. Crawford, E.P. Ladd, E.C. Stowell, and Dr. B.D. Luck, were taking a three day trip to Little Rock and back in their seven automobiles. The cars caused quite a stir around Pine Bluff and some were even locally designed; Smart customized his Model T Ford with wire wheels and a racey body, complete with a pointed rear end.